On behalf of our clients in Boston, New York City, Washington DC and for other national/international firms, Lavalla & Brown arranges mergers and acquisitions as well as strategic and tactical practice and market re-positionings for law firms and groups of attorneys.
We welcome confidential discussions with select, sophisticated firms, practice groups, partners and accomplished associates who have specialized and are seriously interested in re-affiliating in these practice disciplines. We are presently seeking:
- Real Estate Practice Leader - Transactions and Development
- Practice that focuses on complex real estate matters, representing major national and/or regional real estate developers, financial institutions and institutional investors on such matters as acquisitions, divestitures, sale leaseback transactions, shopping center development, joint ventures, real estate syndications, residential housing development and real estate workouts.
- Real Estate - Capital Markets and Finance
- Practice in the representation of banks, financial institutions, businesses, real estate owners, developers, and institutional investors involved in complex commercial real estate and financial transactions involving multi-family, hotel, shopping center, office and industrial properties.
- Corporate Practice Leader – Transactional
- A diverse corporate practice that may include representation of private equity and venture firms in acquiring and making investments in public and private companies, both in the United States and Europe; representation of public companies on general corporate matters, financings and merger & acquisition transactions; an attorney who may regularly serve as counsel to boards of directors and board committees with respect to corporate governance matters.
- Investment Management
- Practice focus on investment management, including mutual funds, closed-end funds, hedge funds, registered funds of funds, and separately managed accounts, in addition to advising on investment management and broker-dealer regulatory compliance.
- Intellectual Property Litigation - High Stakes
- Practice focuses on a wide range of IP litigation matters including patent, trade secret, copyright, unfair competition, contract, antitrust, securities, environmental and deceptive trade claims. Must have first chair experience covering all facets of pretrial, trial and appellate litigation in both federal and state courts.
- Intellectual Property - Patent
- Preparation, processing, counseling, advice, strategic portfolio development and management with years of experience in their technical disciplines and/or relevant scientific and technical undergraduate and graduate degrees.
- Bankruptcy and Corporate Restructuring - Major Matters
- Practice group leader with a significant regional or national practice in the area of commercial law, workouts, and reorganization, bankruptcy and commercial law; focusing on insolvency and restructuring issues in the representation of creditors and/or debtors both in bankruptcy and in out of court restructuring; practice may include bankruptcy committee, secured and unsecured creditors matters as well as work in the acquiring or divesting of troubled businesses.
- Tax-Sophisticated International/National
- Practice focus on advising domestic and international specialized investment entities including hedge funds, private equity funds, venture capital funds, regulated investment companies, and real estate investment trusts, as well as corporations, partnerships and individuals on federal, state and international tax controversy and transactional tax planning matters and/or a practice including domestic and international transactional matters that include providing advice to clients on structuring and negotiation of mergers and acquisitions, equity and debt financing transactions, real estate and project finance transactions, bankruptcy and restructuring transactions, leveraged leases and structured finance transactions, transactions spin-offs and general operational tax matters.